What can CAD Draughtspeople do With GIS?
•Produce high quality cartographic map products and CAD drawings for field teams, reports, and presentations using ArcMap and AutoCAD, following Hatfield and client standards
• Communicate clearly with specialists regarding map and data analysis requirements;
• Integrate various vector and raster data sets from multiple sources for inclusion in map products;
• Integrate GPS data and field sampling information into GIS data formats for inclusion in map products;
• Perform various data management duties such as data storage and cleanup;
• Occasionally participate in field surveys
•Demonstrated skills in the effective use and operation of ArcGIS for Desktop 10.1 and
extensions such as Spatial Analyst
• Demonstrated skills in the effective use and operation of AutoDesk AutoCAD Map 3D or
Ability to work effectively in CAD and GIS environments
• Demonstrated cartographic knowledge and design concepts
• Experience in spatial data acquisition and manipulation. Good knowledge of geographic
standards and coordinate systems
• Knowledge of federal, provincial and global datasets and repositories for GIS datasets
• Knowledge of geographic data management, including ESRI geodatabases and RDBMS.
• Problem-solving skills and ability to analyze a case or situation and recommend solutions
• Excellent communication (verbal and written).
• General computer skills (MS Office, etc).